Implementing a plan for feed sampling of all your herd’s food supply is an integral part of every successful animal production business. When the cost and availability of feed, ensuring that you’re using good quality can make a big difference in the bottom line of your operation. Proper feed sampling should be a regular part of every livestock operation.
- Tests for toxin levels like nitrataes and prussic acid
- Shows nutrient levels
- Can determine value of product for sale
- Quality of feed can change over time
- Multiple random samples give most accurate results
- Proper extraction of samples is essential
- Feed samples should not be kept separate